mystery is messy

a man greeted me bonjour and i replied hours later with bonsoir. he asked if i speak french. i said no, i googled it of course.

my friend snorted and told me i don't have any air of mystery in me. is that a bad thing? what is mystery for exactly?

mystery, to me, invites assumptions and interpretations that will either be an underestimation or an exaggeration, if not downright wrong. then you would need to make the necessary clarifications and break false impressions after. it's messy. it's troublesome. and i don't want any of that. if there is something we can do to make things clearer, lighter and much easier, why wouldn't we do it?

i am a what-you-see-is-what-you-get kind of woman. i won't keep a man guessing when my next mood swing will be. i don't like giving people a hard time thinking there is something more to the words i say. there are no undertones. i'm upfront and ridiculously straightforward. i like it like that, even though not everyone does. 

i am in no business sugarcoating hard to swallow bitter truths. i won't feign shrewdness over honesty. i won't pretend to know something i don't. i let my hair down and walk around with my strengths and vulnerabilities along with me. i don't keep so much pride in my body.


if one day soon i'm on to the dating scene, i'd like to establish honesty above everything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment