beginning with an end note

though way past day one of my year (year of the rabbit), i'd like to begin my blog site with an "end note," and by that i mean looking through some not so distant past, my year 2010.

twenty-ten forced me into making several crucial decisions.

it took me a whole lot of thinking days to choose between the familiar-comfort-and-stability offered by my then three-year job in convergys and the venture to the risky-unknown career change in AXA. Not being so much of a risky type myself, i embraced change with all my hopes up and optimism intact, but with wobbly legs and cluttered mind.

it took me four months and a lot of crazy days to finally realize that i was not in the right place. but those same four months and same crazy days helped me know myself better: what makes me hail my ass off the bed every morning, what i constantly bitch about, what drives me nuts and what i'm willing to fight strongly for.

there was the venture to something new...then the venture to nothing at all. With all the bills to pay and half of my siblings' college allowance looming around each month, i committed a career suicide. my strong desire to keep my sanity and win back my optimism made me quit my job in AXA even without a ready job to bounce back to.

and living by my motto, "i am gaze," here I am blogging, typing through my office pc five minutes before my shift starts, able to get by and bounce back big.

No comments:

Post a Comment