this is my love story-so far.

having finished reading the book i borrowed from ate, 40 stories of finding your one true love, i was inspired to write my own “love story.”



no. i don’t have a current love affair, neither do i search desperately for it. this was all pure leisure read (so much of being defensive. i know.), but i couldn’t help but take note of the significant points i learned along the way.

i thought about how my own love story unfolded. having started out young and being the reflective type that i am, i intentionally drilled into my brain all the lessons there were to learn. and for a little backgrounder, when i was much younger, i believed so much in the beauty and greatness of love. i fancied the idea of getting into a romantic relationship only once and loving only one man. for me, it is a chance of a lifetime. but now that i am older, wiser (and prettier, if i may add. haha), i realized that there are just a lot of great-looking men, so why should i stick to one? kidding. my true realization was this: “some childhood ideas don’t actually happen.” it’s not that i no longer believe that love is great and beautiful—i still do, and will always do. but i learned that some things need to happen (not as how you planned or wanted it to be) because you are meant to learn and struggle from it, and eventually conquer it. i embraced the fact (and I believe everyone should) that one failed relationship is not my dead-end-be-all thing. and though my pride left me heartbroken for that complex love story that i used to have, i never grew tired and bitter over anyone and over love. it had, like any other life experiences, its equal share of upside and downside where i learned bits and pieces of priceless life and love lessons. crazy, but i honestly and sincerely think that that was my sweetest downfall.=D

as of this moment, i am enjoying my single status and unrestricted and unguarded freedom in all ecstasy and bliss, that i focus my energy and passion in working hard, building family and friend relationships harder, and praying hardest. i am having the grand time of my life that the search for that one true love takes a backseat, and instead, i am doing the best i can to be the most beautiful, tenderhearted, compassionate person i can ever be, while i fancy with the idea of the man God has best prepared for me. i know God is still working at him, as He is to me. And silly as it may sound, though he is still a figment of my imagination and the faceless man in the crowd, i seriously get giddy, excited and anticipating with just the mere thought of him—of who my man would be.


(*this blog was written quite a long time ago, and contains my exact thoughts specifically on february 25, 2010. there was nothing so special about the date, except that it was one of my thursday day-offs, when i typically read more than any other day of the week, essentially ponder and reflect on the things, thoughts and ideas i drew out of the book, and eventually “voice them out” through writing. this reflection is something so personal to me that i wrote it on my journal, and kept it there—just there. but now, i simply wanted it to be part of my
FB notes, and “voice it out” for real, back in april 14, 2010).


(*talk about old thoughts. but it's only recently that i created my very own official blog site, and i want this old note to be particularly part of it, although some of my good wise words back then don't ring true to this day.)

4 comments:

  1. No. I don’t have a current love affair, neither do I search desperately for it. -me,too! haha! hope i can also write my own love story soooooon.. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope to write a REAL ONE with the REAL THING soon too.haha thanks for passing by my blogsite le! i really appreciate it!;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, savor every moment of being a single (still) coz it won't be for long! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha. YESSSSSSSS, i WISHHHHHHHHHH. hahaha

    ReplyDelete