bum.

it has been almost a month ago since i was a bum. 

i used to be excited about it.  back on the day when i handed over my resignation letter to my superior, i anticipated my long-wished-for FREEDOM.  i borrowed dvd series, raided booksale, organized get-together’s at home, looked forward to getting loooong hours of sleep and making the most of my first-ever bum days experience.

the first few days were a good start, they went according to plan and as how i pictured them to be. but in a week’s time, i grew tired and i lost interest. being a fast-paced person that i am, i only need a good 2 to 3 days to start rereading all the books we have at home. movies aren’t really my cup of tea. sleeping for long hours gave me headaches and backaches. meeting friends at home made me feel, in some ways, like someone sick who needs visiting. (no offense to my best buds who dropped by at home, of course i loved your visits and the food you brought.) worst, my best guy friend pointed out that i’m gaining weight that fast. that freaked me out. haha. seriously, i guess my deepest being wasn’t just channeled to being a bum. and to top it all, bum days mean lean days and poorer gaze. what’s with being idle with no stream of income? i’m so not used to that!

i’d like to believe i’m used to being productive. so i‘m happy to be back with the working class. and as a bonus, i have a tutorial job on the side to keep me busier (and possibly richer in a few months time.)

i’m just so glad that bum days are over! 

2 comments:

  1. I so wanna try to be a bum just for once! haha It's great that you're back on your feet Gaze. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, just for one day joyce..hehe
    and thanks to you, you are one of those good friends who made my "bouncing back" easier;)

    ReplyDelete