dear diary, today i had my first plane ride.

so this is my first blog entry written here in singapore.

today i had my first plane ride. i was giddy and all excited, like a preschooler having her field trip. i think i got too overwhelmed that some passengers looked my way when i exclaimed "wow" and "ang nice" many times over. plus, i got the best seat. by the window!

i liked the taking off part. the rising. i even liked the deafening sensation. somehow, it indicated that i'm reaching a different kind of height. unknown. risky. so beyond my reach.

then i liked the part when we're already in the air. afloat. moving. reaching higher even. i took the time to marvel at the beautiful view, the sea and mountain of clouds.

but what i liked best was the landing part, the part when the engine quiets. i don't know, but there is something about the downward falling sensation that i enjoyed best. it felt as if i'm coming home after lingering above.


i think life is like that. you reach heights, but it is the falling that makes you look forward excitedly, or sometimes impatiently, to the time when you have to go down and settle, finally, at last, at long last. 

7 comments:

  1. International level na ang blogsite mo...hehehe...i'm just so happy for you na natupad na ang isa sa mga goals mo for this year... anjan ka na sa Singapore...enjoy ur stay there and keep the stories/blogs coming!!! miss you gaze!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know you had a nice first plane ride experience Gaze... :D I wasn't like that the first time I had one.. it was a bit uncomfortable and traumatic.. haha. but, I guess, it's all in the mind. Have fun out there! mwah! God bless you. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha. yes clengy! ang nice no. haha
    thanks so much! it was because you prayed for me:)) miss you too cleng!

    thanks joyce! (i can't stop thanking you..)
    the "it's all in the mind" principle, i think, really applies. so let's keep our minds full of good thoughts as much as we can. i hope ure doing okay there joicee. i texted you:)) God bless us, always and forever:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I HATE YOU! YES I CALLED YOUR THERE NA PALA. i got real sad that you left without saying goodbye. Just got your text now and to tell you the truth i'm still pissed off. I thought you said you're leaving at the end of the month, and seriously, di mo tlga sinabi to your 18 real-bestfriends the date of your departure. NAKAKAINIS KA GAZE. I hate that you didn't tell me... I hate it cause I'll miss you, and I miss you already. I hate you most of all because I love you and I hate you because I know we wont see or hear each other's voice for quite a while. WALA MAN LANG TAYONG DESPIDIDA DRAMA? I know you hate goodbyes but still... even a text would suffice. I wish you all the luck and love in the world. Best wishes and yes, I'll try and visit you there. MWAH. I still hate you tho. WITH MUCH HATE. JAC.

    ReplyDelete
  5. *YOU'RE ahahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time that I read your blog. You're such a gifted writer gaze - your wirds are uplifting, inspiring. Hope you're doing good in there.. you'll be missed :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'll call you sometime jaclyn, promise.
    and wag ka nga maarte, hnd q rn tlga alam na sure na pala ang alis q nung 16. rush un. magkikita pa tau, as if naman anlayo ng SG, and as if nman ganun kamahal ang phonecall. cge lng, hate me all you want. hahaha. i love you, anyway;)

    thanks so much tin! 'hope you're doing good there too:)

    ReplyDelete