i'm dazzled.

oh my gosh.

so, i'm in a quiet little corner, in my favorite spot, in the nearby mcdonalds (again). this is where i get free wifi, without even having to order anything. (yes, this is how cheap i can get. the cheapest meal would cost me 4 singapore dollars, so i'd rather stick to being cheap. that's a different story.)

anyway, one young chinese dad and his oh-so-adorable baby boy came and asked to share with my table. and share, we did. while i pretend to be busy doing my thing, surfing, i am quietly and discreetly observing. i've always enjoyed the sight of a young dad and kid. there is something arresting about such sight. i listen to their conversation, to how dad tries hard to explain to baby anything he asks in ways his still little brain can grasp. i watch how gentle big men can be to their sweet little toddlers. i can't help but smile everytime the baby boy speaks (and speaks good clear english at that!)


in my mind, i think about how the man i will marry and the baby i will carry will look together someday. will they be as arresting and heartwarming? i guess i can live the entire day by just looking, staring, gazing at them.


yeah, too much daydreaming. and maybe, too forward-thinking.


i was back to my senses when a few minutes later, they prepared to leave, and went ahead. i was back to being alone again. i haven't noticed the lonesomeness that much when one little boy, again, to my heart's delight, went to me and asked if he can share a seat with me. his mom and older brother were just right behind him.


oh, adorable lovable little creatures! why do they keep on smiling so sweetly and speaking so cutely, leaving me breathless and dazzled?


they are practically everywhere, and and my heart melts many times over, whenever i see one, every single day.

5 comments:

  1. I am likewise awed by dad-kid tandems walking on malls, eating on restos, playing on the playground or even those on the buses. However, more of my attention tends to be seized by the dads. I think they make me wonder how my hubby in the future would treat our kids. Or maybe because I didn't have that much time with my dad and I imagine they're us. :)

    Thinking aside, seems like Sg gives you a lot of realizations recently. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. kids, babies are so adorable.. they simply take your breath and stress away... but then, the cuteness fades when they have their tantrums... haha. So, we better build our character first before we wish for that little one! But, I agree, I sometimes think I want one of those cuties too! ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes aishee, i, too, think about how my future hubby and kid will get along someday. (yeah. i did mention that already.)

    anyway, i'm always the reflective-contemplative-pensive type naman kasi. and being in a new place made me twice as much. hehe

    joicee!:)) ang cute ng new pamangkin mo. i think that will do. pamangkin na lang muna pala, while i'm in the process of building my character pa for my own kiddie. hehe. good point. :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha.. gaze, the baby boy on my fb is not my nephew. He's the son of my highschool friends who got married last January. But my nephew is cute too!! Wala nga lang akong pic. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. ai. akala q sha un. hehe
    oh my gosh. highschool friend mo? mas lalo akong naiinggit. hehe

    ReplyDelete