forgiveness and mindset

the key to acceptance and forgiveness is realizing that people hurt us without them meaning to.

i can't pinpoint each phase i've gone through before i came around with this one. but i'm certain i've passed through the stage when i was bitter, unhappy and furious.

the last time i was hurt i am not sure if i'm angry to myself more or to the other person. for a while, i wondered if i wasn't doing things right. i asked myself if i wasn't understanding and loving and caring enough. or if i'd been too much. i questioned my self-worth for not being chased after.

i tried to analyze why things happened the way they did. i tried to dissect the reason behind, but no matter how logical my conclusions are, they are still guesses i can't validate and concretize.

so at one point, i just had to stop understanding something i can't. and stop beating myself up. and stop feeding myself with thoughts that don't benefit my well-being. and let go. and forgive. and be happy again.

and believe that people who genuinely love and loved us, regardless of what they do or fail to do, don't want to see us suffer.

No comments:

Post a Comment