beach love.


january 2013. it was in pandan island in palawan that i first fell in love with the sea -- it's perfect clarity and blueness, it's beautiful horizon where earth and sky best collide, and its adorable fishes and starfishes.




it was there and then that i promised myself that i'll visit as many beaches as i can, that this will be the first of the many travels to come, and that this will be one of the many splendid and fun ways i'm gonna spend my youth.


being the goal-setter and goal-reacher that i am, i'm able to visit, much to my delight and awe, boracay and panglao long enough to enjoy every good thing they have to offer.

two days before the trip though, it was some trick of fate that i acquired chickenpox. (yeah, fate can be too much of a joker and that i was its chosen one). i first thought my plans will not materialize. but the universe must have felt my zeal and persistence to push through with the plans that my recovery was fast and less troublesome, that the scars it left me with, i'd like to believe, were not too ugly and shameful. (but even if they were, i didn't mind. let strangers think i had a very terrible pimple outbreak or figure what happened.;))

and i was on a roll and so were the good times!


april 2013. boracay, aklan.

 

boracay was rather crowded even at night at this time of the year, but that won't stop anyone from catching this beautiful sunset even under an ordinary camera's lenses.  (with me is my youngest sister, baby)

 

clear blue sky and clean blue waters at daytime. they offer nothing but pure fun and peace of mind. (with me is my oldest sister, ate jeanne)


may 2013. panglao beach, bohol.

   

the pure, simple, and unadulterated beauty of panglao beach gave me the perfect venue to reflect about life and love, to celebrate the goodness of everything that conspired, and look ahead for everything that is yet to come.


in a matter of five months, i'm fortunate enough to have been given the chance to visit three beautiful places in my home country. i'm more than lucky to have taken some days off from work and indulge in awesome experiences back home.


someday, i'll look back and remember...this. this is how i moved forward. this is how i lived my youth. and this is how i'd like to continue living it!

3 comments:

  1. I never realized how much you and your sister look alike! So pretty ;)

    Real bummer we didn't get to see each other while you were here. Will do before the year ends, I swear on Thor's name!

    How are the beaches in SG, btw (yes, I say/type BTW now haha)? I've always wondered how beaches abroad look like kasi well, we have AMAZING beaches here in PHL.

    The next time you're here, I'll treat/take you to my favorite beach in the world, Anawangin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. my sister will be thrilled to hear that! haha

      that's my only regret during my vacation, hindi kita na'meet and some other very good friends. visit me here na lang talaga ha.:)

      and yes please! yung plan ko, every beach trip iba-iba rin kasama ko. it'd be fun ikaw kasama ko sa anawangin! plus, it's your treat! it's double the fun! haha

      Delete
    2. regarding the beaches here, dalawa lang meron dito and para lang silang manila bay. may mga foreigners, caucausians mostly, na nagswi-swim pero i don't think it's safe and clean kasi both are used as ports.

      Delete