inked and loving it.

i'm in love with words. if you show me a man who's so good at saying the sweet right words at the right time, i'm sure to fall prey for him. i read an inspiring thoughtful line to perk up my day. (that, and a cup of coffee). and what is sweeter thing to do than have words close to my heart etched in my skin.

i didn't have to think hard. i knew what i wanted and where i wanted it to be. walking is my therapy and faith keeps me company.

it is not original. google it and you'll find the exact same words tattooed in many others' feet. but lack of originality doesn't make it any less meaningful. it is good to know that there are many others whom i share the same belief with, who would go as far as keeping it permanent in their body.

last year, for my 25th birthday, i was thinking of what out-of-ordinary gift i can give myself. i thought of getting inked. but maybe then i wasn't ready and wasn't daring enough. i let it rest. then i woke up one morning, twelve days before i turn 26, with an impulsive and intense desire to fulfill that, i should say, dream.

the pain is incomparable but i had my mind and heart ready. i welcomed the sensation with a gentle surprise and the softest cry. i'm kidding. i was biting my right thumb hard enough as i take the pain one word after the other. 

ten minutes later, i saw that the pain was worth enduring. i knew that my steps will be even more springy and i'd be happier to be walking around with it.

i'm glad that i went through this whole metaphorical process, that i'd be able to communicate something good to the world even without uttering a word.

and even as they say nothing lasts forever, we can actually choose certain things to last as far as forever permits. i choose this.


No comments:

Post a Comment