love, family & marriage

i read a blogpost about marriage and how it is not about "me."

i couldn't agree more. it's about the other person. it's about your future children. it's about who you want to raise your kids with and who you want to influence them. it's about who you want to love and live with for the rest of your days. it's about how you can support, inspire and make that person happy.

i am single and there are days when my itch to find the man for me is so strong, when i am convinced that i have so much love to give. sometimes the waiting and praying and hoping inspire me and sometimes, too, they despair me. often, i think of the men i know, from childhood to adulthood, from past and current neighborhoods, men from home and from work, boy friends from common friends and i wonder if he is among them.

i wonder about how much longer it will take for him to find me attractive and for me to find out he's the right one, or perhaps for the two of us to consider the possibility that we can be a match.

i like to believe that i am called for marriage, that i am destined to be a mom and a woman to my man. so even if i don't have the slightest idea of who i will build a family with and even when it despairs me sometimes, in most days, i am filled with anticipation and feel-good excitement.

i will always be a big believer of family, that to love and be loved is the greatest human experience and the wait will always be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment