...on simplicity and greatness.

i have a confession to make.
this may be less shocking now because i think i've been showing signs ever since.

i am simple and i want to lead a simple life. 

well, maybe not simple simple, but simple just the same.
it dawned on me as a gentle surprise when timmy and i were exchanging updates and news one rainy day on our reunion.

for the first part we were sort of arguing. we probably missed each other too much that we started our reunion that way. knowing her and the brain she carries with her, i readied myself for such thing to happen. she asked me what my plans are, and she didn't really approve them. i know she is one great friend that's why she's acting the way she does. her mind can't conceive that i'm just doing what i'm doing and i'm planning what i'm planning.

who, exactly, should tell you the right way to live your life?

she asked me, "bakit ka pa nag-aral sa UP?" to which i snapped, "kasalanan ko bang nakapasa ako dun?"

here's the thing. UP was never my dream. truth is, i didn't have any inkling how prestigious it is until professors kept on drilling into our then-little heads how proud we must be because we are the cream of the crop. i didn't completely buy that idea. if i can just give the chance to those who really dream of it, i will.

i don't need the UP background to be great. (although i admit it has its conveniences and i enjoy them.) i wouldn't be trapped to the pressures given to UP graduates. i don't have to be on top of the corporate ladder to be successful. yes, i once dreamed to be there, but not anymore.

timmy, a little disappointed, asked me where did all my dreams go.

i just shrugged. i know i never stopped dreaming. most dreams changed, yes, but i hold on to them tightly and i have never let them go.

what i want is simple: to do something i would look forward to waking up to. something i could put all the commitment and love i am ever capable of giving, like i always do, regardless of the job title, and whether or not it meets the UP ideals

i'm certain i'd be great wherever i go.

i think i know what i want in life. i have my eyes fixed on my goals. i may still want the same things two years, five years or even ten years from now, maybe not.  

i simply enjoy the process of becoming.

1 comment:

  1. This design is steller! You most certainly know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own
    blog (well, almost...HaHa!) Fantastic job. I really loved what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.
    Too cool!

    Also visit my page; cash advance ohio
    My webpage > same day cash advances

    ReplyDelete