weekend habit.


"buti pa si gazelle no, pakanta-kanta na lang."


that was my neighbor's remark. he's the dad of two of my neighborhood and childhood friends, and he's talking directly to nanay.


you see, i stay in the apartment on weekdays and it's only on weekends that i go home. and doing videoke has become my weekend habit. that's my neighbors' cue. they know that i'm home when they hear me sing early in the morning. 


i overheard him and nanay talking. he thought it's fortunate of me that i don't seem to have any more serious concern, and by that he means worry, in life. he's thinking about his own children, one older than me and the other same age as me, and their struggles in their studies and jobs.


"gazelle finished college and she's earning well," he summed up.


truth is, i just sent money to my siblings for their tuition that day, which cut my savings to half. well, maybe that's not much to worry about. my point is, life doesn't require that we have a flawless-worry-free situation before we start doing videoke, before we start humming happy tunes.


some people think i'm all settled in life.


i think, i'm not. definitely not.


i'm still creating and recreating plans.


and i find time to sing in between. 

2 comments:

  1. love the ending. :)
    i just admire how you handle things. i'm a fan. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. joona, i don't know how to react to a generous compliment such as that.
    jeesh, thanks! ;)

    ReplyDelete