one. then, the one.

we were in my favorite coffee shop yesterday, doing our usual thing. him, ordering coffee/chocolate drink, me, eating full rice meal. then, the real business. english tutorial session.

i'm talking about jaden, my 26-year old korean student.

sometimes we discuss movie clips, song lyrics, a book chapter. sometimes i drop questions, from simple to complicated. sometimes we discuss random things. he's up for anything, as long as he'll learn english.


i noticed i sound harsh whenever i correct his pronunciation so i asked him if he gets offended by it. yes, mean as i am, i can still be sensitive at times. to my relief, he said it's okay. i told him how much i hate it to hear anyone mispronouncing words and how much control i try to muster to not appear bossy or superior in correcting someone. it made sense to him that i am impatient in many aspects.


and i haven't kept track exactly how our conversation led to his questioning of how many boyfriends did i have. boy, you should have seen that pained look on his face when i said, ONE. he said "just one?" over and over again as if doing so would change the already given count. it's as if it was very unfortunate of me, like i was cursed or something.


so yes, that was the not-so-short background to what i've got to say, really.

here's the real thing.

there are many times i contemplate about that aspect of my life.

lovelife.

i once wondered if i was really a loser, if i wasn't given much chance and choice. but then i think again and realize that no, i'm not a loser, and no, i actually got several chances. little chances, i know, but chances still. i declined some date invitations and approved some. i met men old and new. and no one seemed to be the one i would love to love. none, yet. so staying single is pretty much a choice.

whenever i see a beautiful couple, not only on superficial level, like the newlyweds bro. george gabriel, one of the kerygma feast preachers, and dinah, i get kilig and hopeful that i'll find a love like theirs, first class.


see how they look at each other? i long for that moment when i will look at someone the same way.

i know i'm choosy. i also know it's my right to be. i believe it's just about knowing your worth, and your target market. (haha)

no, i'm not looking for a saint, nor for someone perfect.

maybe i'm just looking for a love so beautiful. lasting. inspiring.

and i wouldn't want to increase my count in finding it.


*one day, that day, and all the days after, i would love to say a line similar to tets', and mean it, with all my heart and mind, to my own harthy, to the one i love to love.
so tets, let me again borrow one of your awesome thoughts.

"And Harthy, oh my Harthy. I’m still searching and thinking of the best way to connect a word after another just so I could perfectly describe how much I love you. So for now, I hope this will do: falling, choosing and staying in love with you are the best three acts that I  look forward to doing every single day."


ain't love grand?

8 comments:

  1. Oo naman Gazelle, you have a whole sea of choices. And I dont want to linger on that and say diff "encouraging" shit because well, you don't need it.

    i believe it's just about knowing your worth, and your target market. - spoken like a true CIS Interviewer Haha.

    Pero I really do wish you find the meantime or for-good man soon. I wanna see you all mushy and stuff!

    Thanks for quoting me and appreciating the sweetness in that line! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for keeping that in mind, that i don't need "encouragement" of any form.

    do you really think a meantime man is fine too?hehe. i'm thinking about that.

    you're welcome. and i miss you more and more. haha

    salamat sa reactions. should i say, keep them coming?hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oo. every girl should have a meantime man. Oo gazelle, girl ka pa. Haha. :)

    Aww, well i miss you too! gusto nga sana kita bigyan ng dailt tets-updates eh kaso..that'll be weird and a lil too conceited haha. pero madami din kasi ako midlife drama lately- SOBRA, nakkasuka. Haha

    Anyway, I'll see you when I see. Til my next blog post or til my next your-blog comment! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gazelle!!! I agree with Tets, you'll find the ONE soon...whether it's meantime man or for-good man...maybe it's Jaden na...yikeee!!! :)

    Miss you both!!! weird wala akong kaaway s chat dito...and wala akong ka-chismis...so hopefully mka-chat ko ulit kau...you know nman my work YM or ung personal - cleng_05...YM nyo ko ha pag online kau

    ReplyDelete
  5. I WILL BET ONE MILLION DOLLARS, CLENG YOUR COMMENT WILL BE DELETED OR EDITED.

    Or if Gazelle is feeling nice, she will ask you to resubmit your comment with some editing. Hahahahahahaha

    Again, hahahahahahahahahahahha

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry tets. none of the above. it's okay cleng. i'd rather kill you when i see you. hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww too bad. :( anyway please use the email subscription widget :)

    ReplyDelete