rain.

what i want to happen: i'll walk in the rain on my way home.
what actually happened: i ran in the rain on my way to my tutorial.



so i showed up wet, dripping and freezing to my students.


i have several options to prevent this from happening. one, i could have waited for the rain to stop before i go on walking. two, i could have hailed a cab since i was stranded in a place just a few meters away from the condo, which means i wouldn't have to spend so much for taxi being an anti-taxi person that i am. third, i could have asked for a favor from a passerby to spare me a little space under his/her umbrella. i could have done any of these except that one, i don't want to be late for my class, two, i didn't bring spare cash for cab fare, and third, i'm too proud to ask for a favor from a stranger on a strange night.

intentionally, i left my umbrella at home thinking i would love to walk in the rain on my way home any night this week. i forgot to take into consideration this other walk i take everyday--the 12-minute brisk walk from megamall to my students' condo unit.


so yes, this is a semi-planned occurrence.


..and i still wish to walk in the rain on my way home anytime soon ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment